Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association
GAPNA represents the interests of certified advanced practice nurses who work with older adults in a wide variety of practice settings. GAPNA is the organization of choice for advanced practice nurses who want to pursue continuing education in gerontological care and who seek peer support from experienced clinicians.
The goals of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association are as follows:
- Advocate quality care for older adults.
- Promote professional development.
- Provide continuing gerontological education.
- Enhance communication and professional collaboration among healthcare providers.
- Educate consumers regarding issues of aging.